Parrot Video of the Year in the Parrot Video Makers fb group
The brief wording of Rules
1) The winner is picked by FB users among the videos published by the Participants in the Parrot Video Makers FB Group administered by Parrot TV.
2) In the preliminary Competition the ”Parrot Video of the Month” is picked every month. After the year end the Competition winner – “Parrot Video of the Year” is picked among the videos of all months of the year.
3) In order to take part in the Competition you must share the video you recorded featuring a parrot/parrots (not necessarily yours) and wait for the ”likes”. The video must be your own work or you must have full copyright and property rights (pt.15 of Detailed Rules). The video length is unlimited. Add the names of the parrots it features. You can also entitle your video. Remember that photos do not take part in the competition, and each post is an entry for the competition.
4) Group members vote for the videos of the particular months published in the Parrot Video Makers FB Group and on the ”Parrot Video of the Year” by clicking the ”Like” button. The quality of your video is insignificant, but remember that high-quality videos have increased chances to be liked by the users. If your video is recorded in the horizontal position, we will promote it in Parrot TV. The best videos chosen by the Organizer will be rewarded by incorporating in Parrot TV video summarizing each Competition edition; therefore, high definition videos (preferably Full HD, i.e. 1920x1080p or 4K) are preferred.
5) Each month you can publish any number of videos in the Competition Group. You can take part in the Competition every month and every year. However, each submission must be a new video. You must not submit the same video again.
6) Also, remember that we are choosing the video, not the post. Therefore, if you add more than one video to a post, we count the votes cast under each video separately, not the votes under the post.
7) Before you enter the Competition you have to read its Complete Rules.
of the “Parrot Video of the Year” competition in the Parrot Video Makers fb group, hereinafter referred to as the Competition
1. Theme of the competition is the selection of the best video featuring a parrot/parrots among the videos published by Participants of the Competition in theParrot Video MakersFB group administered by the Parrot TV. The administrator can appoint any number of sub-administrators and/or moderators on its own authority.
4. There are no age limits for Participants (see pt. 15c of the Rules). The Competition is open to Participants around the world. Administrators and moderators appointed by the Organizer may both participate in the Competition and/or vote for their favourites.
5. The period of the Competition is unlimited. Preliminary contest of each edition runs one calendar year. The winner of the year will be selected in the final competition at the beginning of each next year.
PRINCIPLES AND THE COURSE OF THE COMPETITION
6. In order to take part in the Competition a Participant must:
a) read the rules of the Competition,
b) publish your video featuring a parrot/parrots in the Parrot Video Makers FB group. The video can feature people and other animals as well. The theme of the video should be everyday life of your pets.
c) add the title of your video in your post and/or the name of the parrot/parrots that appear in it (if applicable). When submitting more than one video, each video should be posted in a separate post.
7. Submissions containing any insulting and obscene content, elements of advertising and sales, or videos that involve putting any animal in danger, as well as how-to videos, will be deleted by the Organizer of the Competition and the Participant who posted them will be cautioned, reprimanded or blocked.
8. In the preliminary ”Parrot Video of the Year” Competition each month the ”Parrot Video of the Month” will be selected by the group members through the FB system of likes.
9. Each month a Participant can publish any number of videos featuring the same parrot in the ”Parrot Video Makers” FB Group. The parrot and other animals presented in the video does not need to be owned by the Participant, but its owner must agree to use its image in the Competition. If a Participant is not a video author, he/she must have its author’s consent to use it (see point 15a and 15b of Rules).
10. The video length and parameters are unlimited. However, videos of the best possible quality are preferred (recorded horizontally and with the maximized camera resolution), since only such videos will be rewarded by incorporating in the possible Organizer’s video summarizing each Competition edition and published on the Parrot TV YouTube channel.
11. The “Parrot Video of the Month” title will be awarded to a video which will score the highest number of “likes” added by group members within the current month. The “Parrot Video of the Month” will be announced in the Parrot Video Makers FB group, and, if its quality allows, published on Parrot TV YT channel. A Participant can post any number of videos during one month and every month, however, the same videos must not be published again. The number of “likes” gained by the “Parrot Video of the Month” will not influence the score of the “Parrot Video of the Year”. Only the number of “likes” gained in the final voting will determine this choice.
12. If you post a video in the Parrot Video Makers FB group in a comment under the post instead of in the post, or a photo in the post instead of a video, or multiple video clips in one post, entries will not be disqualified, however votes added under each individual video will count, not votes added under the post. Photos do not participate in the contest.
13. After the end of the calendar year the list of winners of particular months will be published by the Organizer in the Parrot Video Makers fb group. The “Parrot Video of the Year” will be the video that gains the highest number of likes within 14 days from the date of the announcement, with each subsequent day starting at the time at which the list of winners was announced. The result of the Competition will be published in the Parrot Video Makers fb group.
14. The winner of the “Parrot Video of the Year” Competition will be announced in the group by the end of each current edition of the competition, and the winner will be notified if possible. If a prize is announced in a competition, it is the responsibility of the winner of the competition to contact the Organizer via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 1 month from the date of announcement of the result of the competition and agree on the details of prize collection. Prizes are only shipped within the European Union.
15. By publishing his/her video in the Parrot Video Makers FB Group each participant declares and warrants that:
a) he/she is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted video and if the video in not his/her own work, a Participant has the author’s consent to its publication and submission to the Competition;
b) he/she agrees to use and distribute by the Organizer his/her image and images of his/her children who are featured in the video, and if other persons are featured in the video a Participant warrants that they agreed to use and distribute their images and images of their parrots;
c) he/she has obtained consent from his/her parent(s)/guardian(s) to enter and compete if he/she is below the age of 18;
d) he/she agrees (or if he/she is not a video author, he/she has its author’s consent) to gratuitously and termlessly use his/her competition videos by the Organizer for promotional and commercial purposes and, in particular, in the video summarizing each Competition edition, in any time and form and in the following fields of operation: – saving and copying the item using printing technology, reprographic technique, magnetic and digital recording, – marketing the original or copies, – dissemination the item by public performance, exhibition, printout, displaying, broadcasting or re-broadcasting, and distributing the video so that anyone can access it at any time and place convenient.
e) in case of any technical problems with downloading a Participant’s video from the Facebook service to the Organizer’s computer, the Participant is obliged to deliver video files submitted to the Competition in the way agreed upon with the Organizer;
f) in case of being awarded Participant agrees to photo or/and video documentation of his/her person when collecting the prize and to using the materials for promotional purposes of the Organizer. In the event that the prize is dispatched, the Participant undertakes to produce the photographic or video documentation mentioned in the first sentence by himself.
g) if his/her video fulfils the requirements of the rules of the Organizer’s other Competition – the Talking Birds Championship of Poland ”Parrot Chat”, a Participant agrees to incorporating his video in this competition as well.
16. The Organizer does not cover any taxes due on the grounds of the awarded prize.
17. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for technical problems arising while uploading the competition materials.
18. This Competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any company associated with Facebook. Facebook is neither legally nor financially responsible for any claims of Participants, connected with their participation in the Competition.
19. By entering the Competition a Participant assents to obey the provisions of these Rules.
The winner of the “Parrot Video of the Year” competition will receive the same awards as the winners of the International Talking Birds Championship of Poland:
|Versele Laga – the Belgian manufacturer of animal food and care products will fund sets of food products, treats and dietary supplements||Parrot Shop, the only in Poland specialist shop with exotic birds, will fund ecological parrot toys and perches|
|See details on the Championship website||See details on the Championship website|
In the Parrot Video Makers, the judges are only FB users. Each reaction, no matter what kind of emotion icon they choose, is counted as one vote for. We choose the video, not the post. So if you want to vote for one of several videos in a post, open that video and add your vote under the video.
See also the Championship rules