of the International Talking Birds Championship of Poland “PARROT CHAT”
The brief wording of Rules
1. Fill in an entry form and download or provide a link to your video showing your talking bird in order to take part in the competition. Jury evaluates not only imitating abilities, but also musicality, dancing, acrobatic and manual skills.
2. You may submit unlimited number of videos presenting skills of one Competitor (bird) within one Championship edition, but each video should present new skills not presented in the previous video material (the vocabulary in subsequent videos must not be repeated, unless it is used in a different situation). You don’t need to make a new entry form for the next video. Subsequent videos can be shared in a different way.
3. Your video cannot be shorter than 30 seconds and not longer than two minutes. But, do not worry! If it is longer, the Organizer shall cut it up to two minutes or divide into two or more videos. Your videos should not contain any background music, which you are not holding the copyright to – in particular music from the radio or television. Technical tips here.
4. Jury will select 3 best Competitors (Master, 1st Vice-Master and 2nd Vice-Master). The period of displaying your video on the Competition’s channel, the number of displays and votes with a “thumb up” as well as the quality of your video do not influence the decision of Jury.
5. The title of the Talker of the Year will be granted to the Competitor who will score the biggest number of “thumbs up” added by users to all videos, in which this Competitor is presented on the Parrot TV YT channel during the period of their display in the current Competition edition. But, it does not matter when you submit your videos. “Thumbs up” added by YT users are calculated proportionally to the number of your videos’ displays. So, remember … users judgments are unpredictable. Even the last-minute entry may find its way into their hearts!
6. You may take part in each edition of the Competition but you must record new videos.
7. However, before you decide to participate, please, read the Complete Rules.
of the International Talking Birds Championship of Poland “PARROT CHAT” mentioned as the “Competition” hereunder.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a) Participant – a person who submitted an entry for the Competition,
b) Competitor – a bird submitted to the Competition by a Participant.
2. Theme of the Competition is the selection of the best talking birds among the videos submitted by Competition Participants and published by the Organizer on the YT channel of the Competition (URL: https://www.youtube.com/c/PapuziaTelewizja). The competition takes place exclusively on YouTube on the Parrot TV channel.
3. The Organizer of the Competition is the Parrot TV YT channel belonging to the company Center of Exotics, NIP 521-143-21-99, e-mail adress. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The period of the Competition is unlimited, however each edition runs two subsequent calendar years* and begins on January 1 at 00:00 a.m. UTC, and ends on December 31 at 12 p.m. UTC, which for the winter Central European Time means UTC+01:00. Votes, mentioned in point 19, cast after this date, will not be included. Entries to each Competition edition will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. local time on November 30 in the second year of the edition . All videos submitted after this date will be treated as entries of the subsequent edition and will be published on the Competition channel after December 31.
5. Participants can be citizens of all countries of the world. There are no age restrictions for Participants (see point 22e of the Rules).
6. Any bird imitating human voice and other sounds may be a Competitor, with the exception of bird species belonging to the native (Polish) fauna.
7. Judges and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, including adopted children) are not eligible to enter the Competition, and Competitors may not be birds belonging to them.
PRINCIPLES AND THE COURSE OF THE COMPETITION
8. The results of the edition from a given year are settled at the beginning of the next calendar year. For the edition to be adjudicated, at least three players must be entered. However, the organizer has the right to resign from the settlement of the current edition of the Competition, if by the end of the calendar year the number of participants does not exceed 10. In this case, the Competition edition shall be prolonged for another year.
9. To be eligible to enter the Competition, a Participant must:
a) read the Detailed Rules of the Competition,
b) fill in all required fields in an entry form which is available through the Competition website (URL address: http://papuziegadanie.pl/en/entry-form) and confirm his/her consent to the Rules,
c) give the name of a bird submitted for the Competition and the Participants personal data (name and surname or a nick, e-mail address, phone number and a town of residence), as well as upload a video file or give a link to the video file with the bird’s voice and image recorded. In case of two or more birds presented in one video, give the names of birds you submit for the competition in this particular video. All competitors, submitted in this way, will be assessed by jury and YT users votes will be calculated for them according to point no. 19.
10. Videos/entries containing any insulting and obscene content, elements of advertising or videos that involve putting any animal in danger will be disqualified.
11. Moderators appointed by Organizer, in its sole discretion, will be evaluating submissions to ensure that they meet the requirements. Accepted video materials should be published on the Competition channel in the YouTube service at any time during the current edition of the competition.
12. The length/time of the submitted video should not be shorter than 30 seconds and not longer than 2 minutes. The Organizer reserves the right to edit the submitted video material. Any material longer than 2 minutes will be shortened by the Organizer up to 2 minutes. If the video is singnificantly longer, the Orgaznizer may divide it into two or more videos in its sole discretion. The Organizer reserves the right to modify the Participants’ video titles. The recordings may contain human voices and other natural sounds on the condition that they do not mislead about the bird’s imitating skills. The videos should not contain any background music, which the Participant isn’t holding the copyright to.The video may be edited to such an extent that cuts, video transitions, correction of audio and video may be applied. Applying audio effects is prohibited.
13. The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any Competitor’s skills in a way agreed with the bird’s guardian, including the right to film the Competitor on his own. By entering, a Participant assents to use these film materials by the Organizer for promotion and marketing purposes.
14. The number of videos/entries per one Competitor within one Competition edition is unlimited. However, each successive video should present new skills (e.g. new vocabulary) not presented in the previous competition videos or presented in a different situation, a different context or different scenes. No new applications need to be completed for subsequent videos, but if completed, they must contain the same bird and keeper details.
15. Each participant may take part in each subsequent Competition edition provided that he will record new videos. The same videos must not be submitted again in subsequent editions. New videos may contain the same Competitor’s skills/vocabulary as in previous Competition editions, but regulation of point no. 14 is applied to all subsequent videos in the current Competition edition.
16. Judging will be conducted by a panel of 3 to 8 judges, which will be invited by the Organizer at its sole discretion. The jury will evaluate all valid entries and pick the Champion, the 1st Vice-Champion and the 2nd Vice-Champion. The score of the Competition will be announced on the Competition website papuziegadanie.pl. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
17. Jury will evaluate competitors by submitted video materials which have been published on the Competition YT channel within the current Competition edition. Each bird receives from each judge from 0 to 10 scores for its skills of imitating human voice and other sounds, and additionally from 0 to 5 scores for other skills, disregarding the number of submitted videos. Detailed criteria of evaluation and scores are included in the Judging Rules (Criteria).
18. Depending on the total score made by each Competitor the ranking from 1 to 3 will be given subsequently to the Champion of Poland, the 1st Vice-Champion and the 2nd Vice-Champion of Poland. In the event of the equal score made by two or more out of the 3 winners, subject to the terms set out in the Jugding Criteria, jury members vote until the tie is broken.
19. The title of “The Talker of the Year” will be awarded to one of the Competitors on the basis of votes (“thumbs up”) received from YT users under his/her all submitted videos during the period of their display in the current Competition edition. The votes of users are calculated as a percentage of the number of displays of all Competitor’s videos. In case of two or more birds presenting their skills in one video, users votes are divided into the number of birds submitted in the entry form. The users’ choice will be announced on papuziegadanie.pl and the Participant will by notified by e-mail.
FINAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
20. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any non-culpable technical problems with entry registrations and submissions of video materials.
21. Organizer’s personal dalta policy is compliant with the Polish data protection act. Participants’ personal details will be processed by the Organizer only for the needs of the Competition and will not be passed on to any third party without Participant’s prior consent.
22. By submitting the entry via the Competition website (http://papuziegadanie.pl/en), Participant:
a) warrants that has read the Rules and commits oneself to obey them;
b) warrants that the video submitted is his/her own original work and, as such, he/she is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the video. And if the video is not his/her own work, the Participant warrants that its author agrees to its publication and submission to the Competition;
c) agrees to using and distributing the Competitor’s image which is recorded on the video, and if the Participant is not the Competitor’s owner, he/she warrants that the Competitor’s owner agrees to this;
d) agrees to using and distributing his/her image and his/her children images who are recorded in the video and that other persons recorded in the video agree to this;
e) Participants below the age of 18 warrant that they have obtained consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to register and compete;
f) warrants to the best of its knowledge that the videos contain no libellous or other unlawful statements, and does not infringe on the rights of others;
g) grants to the Organizer a non-exclusive, toll-free, worldwide right and licence to use his/her videos for promotional and commercial purposes, including reproductions in whole or in part or publications in all media, as well as to exercise by the Organizer alone or by means of third parties dependent rights in the area of development, adaptation, alteration, translation of the work or incorporating it in collective works, and to reproduce and publish the works in all media and to authorise reproduction of the videos by others without time-limit;
h) in case of being awarded Participant agrees to photo or/and video documentation of his/her person when collecting the prize and/or recording by the Organizer or by himself/herself an overwiew video about him/her and his/her bird and agrees to using the materials for promotional and marketing purposes of the Organizer.
23. Prizes to be won in each Competition edition will be each time published on the Competition website http://papuziegadanie.pl/en the latest before the end of the current Competition edition. In order to confirm the will of receiving the prize, the winner should reply to an e-mail notification within 14 days from the date of its sending, under pain of nullity. In case of an inability of personal prize collection, prizes will be shipped only to an address in Poland or the EU. Prizes are not shipped outside the European Union. The organizer does not cover any taxes due on the grounds of the awarded prize. Prizes are not subject to be exchanged into money equivalent or other awards.
24. Any complaints regarding the Competition can be submited in writing by registered delivery letter to the Organizer’s address mentioned in point no. 3 or by e-mail: email@example.com, within 14 days from the date of the occurence of the claimed incidents or circumstances. The complaint should contain precise data of the person submitting the complaint, as well as the description of the cause of the complaint and the grounds of the complaint. Complaints will be handled within 14 days from the date on which they are delivered. The claim procedure does not devoid the Participant the right to effective administrative and judicial redress. In all matters not covered in these Terms and Conditions, applicable shall be the provisions of general Polish and UE law. All litigations concerning the enforcement of obligations connected with this Competition, shall be resolved by the court due to the Organizer’s head office.
25. This Competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with YouTube or any company associated with YouTube. YouTube is neither legally nor financially responsible for any claims of Participants, connected with their participation in the Competition.
26. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules at any time.
27. These Rules are also supplemented by the Assesment Criteria.
28. By entering the Competition the Participant assents to obey the provisions of these Rules.
Prizes in the Championships
|Versele Laga – the Belgian manufacturer of animal food and care products will fund sets of food products, treats and dietary supplements||Parrot Shop, the only in Poland specialist shop with exotic birds, will fund ecological parrot toys and perches|
|See details on the Championship website||See details on the Championship website|
of the International Talking Birds Championship of Poland “Parrot Chat”
1. Refereeing will be conducted by a panel of jurors, consisting of 3 to 8 persons, to be selected by the Organizer at its sole discretion.
2. .Judges and their families (see point 7 of the Detailed Regulations), and birds owned by jurors and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible to enter.
3. Each juror assesses Competitors by the videos submitted by Participants and published by the Organizer on the Competition YT channel within the current Competition edition.
4. Jurors assess:
a) a skill in imitating human voice and other sounds.
When assessing a bird imitating skills jurors take into account the level of difficulty of the imitated sounds, the ability of imitating songs and melodies, and – in case of imitating words – the idiolect and the length of spoken sentences.
b) ability to associatig situations,
c) bird’s interaction with its guardian and/or other persons,
d) other bird’s skills (manual, acrobatic, etc.).
5. When assessing birds jurors do not take into account:
a) the video quality and content attractiveness as well as the video title,
b) the period for which the video has been published on the Competition YT channel within the current Competition edition and the number of its displays,
c) the number of “thumb ups” given by YT users,
d) the number of videos of one Competitor submitted to the Competition.
6. Each bird will be scored by each juror from 0 to 10 scores for its skills of imitating human voice and other sounds, provided in section (4), subsection (a), and additionally from 0 to 5 scores for other skills, provided in section (4), subsection (b, c, d).
7. In the event that two or more competitors might tie for a place in the ranking, the Jury chairperson orders a tie-breaking voting. In case of an equality of votes, the chairperson shall have the decisive vote.
8. Jury chairperson who coordinates the judges work, is appointed by the Organizer at its sole discretion.
9. Jury chairperson is responsible for compiling results. He/she collects score cards from judges, sums up the scores and draws up a final protocol, as well as he/she sums up the votes in tie-breaking votings and draws up a tie-breaking protocol, containing the final result and passes it on, together with judges’ score cards, to the Organizer.
10. Jury chairperson takes part in judging as well.
11. Competitors ranked lower than the 3rd place in the ranking are not announced by the Organizer.
See also Parrot Video Makers regulations